Please sign in to post.

Train from London to York

Planning a train ride from London to York, GB and want to know which would be the fastest and most economical way to go. My husband & I will be traveling with our two teen daughters. Should I book the tickets in advance on the web? and if so which train stations would we be leaving from & going to (is there more than one station in each of these cities?) Thanks in advance!

Posted by
23310 posts

British rail is expensive so booking early for discounts is very worthwhile. King's Cross is the station for York.

Posted by
1265 posts

Betty - When are you looking at traveling? The earlier you book, the cheaper the tickets. What are the ages of you daughters? There is a difference in fares for children between the ages of 5-15. I believe the adult fare age is from 16-60. I went to eastcoast.co.uk and booked a pseudo trip from London to York for August 2nd the fare was £39.00 for 2 adults and 2 children. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Posted by
32850 posts

If you have a look at RS guidebook for England it goes into detail about the trip and what to see.

Posted by
19 posts

Thank you all for your help! Greatly appreciated! :)