Please sign in to post.

Train from London to Paris

What is the cheapest way to get from London to Paris. The Euro Rail site shows some rates that are higher than I want to pay. Is there a different train that is less costly?

Thanks!

-Gary

Posted by
4555 posts

The train that makes the run is the Eurostar. Go to their webpage, Eurostar.com, to see their advance booking discounts. The cheapest way would be to take the bus. But the journey time is 8.5 to 9 hours. Check nationalexpress.com

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks all. Sounds like the best option for us will be the Eurostar. Looks like if we are flexible on times we can save some money.

Posted by
463 posts

when are you going? my husband's roundtrip fare was $118 (that's USD, not euros) and my one way was $64. i don't see how you can beat that.

an edit--sorry, i didn't realize it was so soon; yes, i realize fares go up as time goes on. i booked our trains for july 19th two months ago, thus the lower fares. sorry--good luck. but still--that's not bad considering it is city center to city center.

Posted by
8700 posts

You can book the Eurostar up to 120 days in advance at www.eurostar.com. Book ASAP to get the lowest discount fare. Last-minute tickets are very expensive.

Posted by
3 posts

We will be going from London to Paris on July 10th and wanted to go midday. The Eurorail site was showing $132 pp one way.

Posted by
16084 posts

Air France is going to start flying the massive Airbus A380 between LHR and CDG next month. It will probably take longer to board and deplane this flight than the actual flight itself.

You can also still travel from London to Paris via train-ferry-train just like in the old days.

London-Paris-Ferry

Posted by
8700 posts

You've waited too long to get the lowest fares for the Eurostar on a weekend in July.

EasyJet still has good fares for a mid-day flight from Luton to CDG on 10 July.

Ryanair doesn't fly London-Paris.

The overnight Eurolines bus is your cheapest option. It's a long ride, but it saves you the cost of a night in a hotel.

Posted by
33525 posts

If you are happy to travel as late in the afternoon as 16:25 there were tickets a few minutes ago as low as £50.