Please sign in to post.

Train from Interlaken to Florence

My husband and I are flying to Zurich in September and then planning to buy a Swiss saver rail pass to get to Wengen. Then we need to take a train from Interlaken to Florence, Italy. My question is does our Swiss rail pass cover our costs all the way from Interlaken (or Spiez) to Florence, Italy? Or will we need to buy a separate train ticket when we get into Italy? Thanks! Dina

Posted by
6898 posts

Dina, first of all, if all you are doing is traveling from Zurich to Wengen and from Interlaken to Florence, you don't need any kind of Swiss pass or card. The fare from Zurich to Wengen is 81CHF. Wengen to the Swiss boarder is 67CHF. Your pass will cost more than 148CHF. If you will be using Swiss transportation to other locations while in the Berner Oberland such as going to the Jungfrau or Schilthorn, then perhaps a pass or card can be cost-justified. Secondly, your Swiss pass or card will only cover you to the Swiss border. You can purchase your ticket to Florence in the Interlaken train station. Simply show your pass to the agent and he or she will make the fare adjustment. You will have one ticket for each train you will be on. From Interlaken, that means about 3 different tickets. Interlaken/Spiez, Spiez/Milan and Milan/Florence.