Please sign in to post.

Train From Florence to Pisa

Hello, I've been looking at train schedules on the bahn site going from Florence to Pisa, traveling on a Sunday. The only thing I found was on Saturday, getting to Pisa in about 2 hours but nothing on Sunday. Does anyone know if there is a train going to and from Pisa on Sunday from Florence. Thank you for any help. Raymond

Posted by
521 posts

I've just searched on www.trenitalia.com for next Sunday and I can see lots of Regionale Veloce direct trains from Firenze to Pisa, for example 09.28, 10.28, 11.00, 11.28, 12.28. Takes about an hour and costs €7.80. I haven't checked the return trip.

Posted by
23573 posts

Which dates are you using? All of the schedule may not be available if too far out. Lots of regional trains which do not offer discounted fares or reservations. Just look at the schedule a week from now. It changes little from quarter to quarter.

Posted by
15897 posts

I see 2 to 4 trains every hour on Sundays. Travel time is 50 min to 80 min, depending on type of train (Regionale or Regionale Veloce) and number of stops.

Posted by
168 posts

Thank you very much, this has been very helpful in planning our trip. I looked up some other site after your post and found more train schedules. Thank you again, Raymond.

Posted by
32329 posts

Raymond, The train from Firenze S.M. Novella to Pisa will likely be a Regionale, so DON'T forget to validate your ticket prior to boarding the train on the day of travel, or you'll risk hefty fines starting at €50 PP which will be collected on the spot! Happy travels!