Please sign in to post.

train

We need to travel from Willingen Germany (north and east of frankfurt) to brussels in early august. I would like to take the train rather then drive (so I can actually see something). Anyone know the best place from which to catch the train to get to brussels? We will have a car to get to the city but will need to drop it somewhere so I wonder if it needs to be a major city? Thanks

Posted by
19240 posts

There are several cities in Germany called Willingen. Can you be more specific? Willingen (Upland) is north of Frankfurt. Is that what you mean? Use the German Rail (Bahn) website to find schedules.

Posted by
4 posts

Sorry about that! We are staying at Sauerland Stern Hotel
Kneippweg 1, 34508 Willingen/Hochsauerland Does that help? Thanks!

Posted by
19240 posts

There is a train station in Willingen, but, with only 6000 inhabitant, Willingen might not have a place to return your car. From Willingen, the train route goes to Hagen, with several hundred thousand people. Might be a place to drop the car there. The route also goes near Dortmund. There is probably a place there. After Hagen, the next train change is in Wuppertal - even bigger, chance to return a car there. Then it goes to Köln (Cologne).