Please sign in to post.

Train

We are arriving at the Malpensa Airport. How do we get to the Train that will take us to Milan Centrale so we can catch the train to Venice? I keep seeing "take the Malpensa Shuttle bus" but am apprehensive of the type of bus it is. Can't we catch a Train at the Airport that will take us to Milan Centrale?

Posted by
32327 posts

Dena, To begin with, the Malpensa Shuttle is a large and very comfortable Coach, so there's no need to be "apprehensive" (that's the method I often use). As I recall, the fare is only €7.50 so it's one of the least expensive methods to get to Milano Centrale. The trip from the airport takes about 50-minutes, depending on traffic. YES, you can absolutely take the train from the airport! The rail station is located in Terminal 1 (I assume that's where you'll be arriving?). Have a look at This Website for further information. Be sure that you DON'T get on the Malpensa Express (train), which terminates at Milano Cadorna station, NOT Milano Centrale. As you're going directly to Venice, travel by train would probably be the better option. The trip from the airport to Venezia Santa Lucia will take 3.5 to 4 hours, including a short "layover" at Milano Centrale. Happy travels!

Posted by
17249 posts

Dena, train service from the airport all the way to Milano Centrale is recent. If you looked at older information, 2010 or earlier, it would say the Malpensa Express train only goes to Cadorna and the Malpensa shuttle bus was the better choice for getting to Centrale. Now there are two trains an hour to Centrale during most of the day, so you should have no trouble catching a train that will connect with you Venice train.