Please sign in to post.

TGV Reservations

Will be traveling from Angouleme France to CDG in order to fly home that same day.
It is imperative that I get onto the train at the time desired otherwise I will miss my flight.
After reading several of the blogs it seems like everyone believes that it is best to book the train when your in France in lieu if using the Eurorail website.
The question I have is can you make a reservation for the TGV from another train station ahead of time and does it need to be a TGV satation?

Posted by
19093 posts

There is no such thing as "the Eurorail website". Eurail is a consortium of the European nation railways, and some others. It packages and markets rail passes. Eurail has a website (www.eurail.com) but they don't sell tickets or reservations.

RailEurope is a travel agency (although owned in part by French Rail). They are a distributor for rail passes, and they sell tickets and reservations at a markup.

I believe you can make a reservation for any train in Europe at any rail station with a manned ticket counter. Euraide does it with a German Trail ticket terminal in Munich (but they'll charge you $50 for the service and shipping). You can probably make a TGV reservation by calling German Rail directly.

Posted by
32783 posts

Lee's right (and what else is new) except no European reservations at stations in the UK.

Posted by
8700 posts

Bill,

It isn't clear if you have a railpass and need to buy a seat reservation on a particular TGV or if you want to buy a regular ticket (which includes a seat reservation) for that train. In either case you can buy what you want at any SNCF (French national rail) station. It doesn't have to be a TGV station.

y

Posted by
76 posts

You can purchase and print your ticket at home at
www.tgv.com or on www.sncf.com I always do this.

Votre Voyage
ANGOULEME - ROISSY

1 passager(s)

Aller Simple

Sélectionnez votre allerAller le 28/10/2010 entre 07h34 et 17h45 - prix total pour 1 passager
Départ à 07h34 08h50 12h01 15h26 15h26 17h45

A partir de 66.20 € 66.20 € 66.20 € 66.20 € 66.20 € 66.20 €
Durée 03h19 03h19 03h20 03h15 03h15 03h27

Posted by
1265 posts

Bill - What time of year are you going to be in France and what time does your flight leave for the states? The consensus of opinion on the site is to arrive at least 3 hr prior to you depature time.

There is a train that leaves Angouleme at 7:33 and arrives CDG at 10:53.

You can book you ticket on www.tgv-europe.com. Select Great Britain for country of origin. The farther in advance you can book your ticket the cheaper it will be.

As an FYI Tim, Lee, and Micheal are extremely knowledgeable about train travel in Europe.

Posted by
98 posts

Joel

Thanks for the info.
Our flight leaves terminal #1 at 14:05hrs.
We would be arriving approximately 3 hours before flight. There is another train that would get us into CDG at 12:05 hrs. but I was concerned if we had enough time.
Apparently based on your info we would be better off taking the earlier train.

Posted by
98 posts

Joel
Also we will be leaving on Wednesday morning May 4, 2011.