Please sign in to post.

taxis

I am traveling in Germany and was wondering if it is difficult to get taxis at either the airport or train terminals to accommodate family of five with two weeks worth of luggage? Should I rent a car or hire driver to meet us instead?

Posted by
9363 posts

You might have to look for a van service or take two taxis. Five people plus luggage is a lot for one vehicle.

Posted by
9110 posts

Without a city name, or the number of times it will happen, or how far you need to go, or what else you might use the rental car for.........there's just not enough information. Generally speaking, a hire van is cheaper than two cabs.

Posted by
2779 posts

What you could do is to download the MyTaxi app (www.mytaxi.com). With this app you can order taxis carrying up to 8 people (in German called Großraumtaxi) and you can even order cabs that accept credit cards (not the rule in Germany). You can even pre-order a cab. Alternatively you can call one of the local taxi companies. The telephone numbers are different in every city or town. Only Berlin has got 0 800 CAB CALL.

Posted by
4407 posts

We can't help unless we know which cities you're talking about - trains may be your best, easiest bet. Or a tram...or bus... Many times, my husband and I ended up in a minivan as our taxi - simply luck of the draw. They would have easily held 5 people and their luggage. And "two weeks worth of luggage" for most of us means one carry-on-sized bag. Not much. We await your answers!