Please sign in to post.

Swiss Transfer pass

Does the transfer pass cover Zurich to Murren and Wengen to Zurich? I thought I saw where you could come back from a different place than the first arrival? Also, does it cover these locations? Thanks.

Posted by
16893 posts

Yes, the Swiss Transfer Ticket does fully cover you to/from those locations on your transit days and our supplier confirmed this year that the central point need not be the same town. The Swiss Card works the same, but with the addition of 50% off other transport tickets that you buy during your stay.

Posted by
8 posts

Thanks. I am trying hard to figure out what will work best and least expensive for us. I love the idea of someone taking care of the luggage and not having to deal with changes trains with it.

Posted by
7209 posts

No Swiss Pass product covers luggage transfer. You'll have to take care of that on your own. Definitely choose a pass that's going to give you discounts on all of those mountain transport systems.

Posted by
3098 posts

You can pay extra to have your luggage transported, but there are strict requirements for dropping off and picking up, time wise. And you have to be sure your destination is included in the program. Pretty sure Mürren is, but I didn't check.

You really don't need this, unless you have too much luggage. You have to get yourself from one train or cablecar to the next anyway, and it is just as easy to pick up your bag and bring it along. In lots of travel in Switzerland we have never missed a train connection, or left something behind, apart from a cantaloupe.