Please sign in to post.

Swiss Rail Pass

Hello!
A swiss pass allows children 15 and under to travel free with an adult. Does a select pass offer the same deal in Switzerland?

Thanks,
Tk

Posted by
437 posts

It's not just having a swiss pass that lets the kids travel free, you need to request a Swiss Family Card when you order your swiss pass, or buy a swiss family card in Switzerland for cheap. I don't know if you can buy it and use it with a Select pass or not.

Posted by
6898 posts

For all Swiss passes and cards, children from 6-15 travel free with a family card if accompanied by at least one parent. Says so on the Swiss train website www.sbb.ch. The family card is free. Ask for this card when purchasing your tickets.

Posted by
7209 posts

You don't need ANY kind of train pass for the kids to travel free with their parents. The parents must have a ticket to ride on the train...either some sort of pass or point-to-point. In addition you must also have either the free Swiss Family Card or Junior Card (purchased in Switzerland).

Posted by
35 posts

Thank you all for the great info. I think that I have it figured out. 3 day swiss pass, the fourteen year old travels free and

between the last first and last day I can use the discounts without using a pass day. And I will get the family card too.

Any flaws in that thinking?

Thank you,
Tina