Please sign in to post.

Swiss pass

Does Swiss pass saver program where u need to travel 2 person together has all the benifit like normal individual Swiss pass.
I mean do v get the exact same privilege like normal Swiss pass What's the difference of 1st & 2nd class ?

Posted by
7209 posts

On a previous trip I took the Golden Pass from Interlaken to Montreax in the plush coaches...mostly for my parents who really enjoyed it. Personally, I still wouldn't pay extra for it.

Posted by
17252 posts

A Saver Pass is a regular Swiss Pass with a discount for two people traveling together. It works the same as an individual Swiss Pass, all the same benefits. You just have one Swiss Pass with both names on one pass. We travel Second Class in Switzerland. Some of the mountain trains do not even have First Class cars. business travelers moving between the major cities might ride First Class to have a quieter space, but we have found Second Class to be perfectly comfortable.

Posted by
7209 posts

About 4 days ago we traveled from Interlaken Ost to Lucerne on a non-Golden Pass ticket and the train we were on ended up having several Gold Pass Coaches as part of the normal train. We ended up in the Golden Pass coaches. I would NOT pay extra for this - there's no way it's worth extra money.

Posted by
9109 posts

Stevie specifically said he took the Golden Pass from Montreux. The Golden Pass trains that travel between Montreux to Zweismann, and Interlaken to Luzern use completely different carriages. First class out of Montreux the panoramic cars are very comfortable with massive windows, and fun bar car. There is also a Golden Pass "classic" train on this segment which uses beautifully restored vintage Pullman carriages that are right out of an Agatha Cristie novel. I have splurged for both versions and IMO are worth the extra cash.