Please sign in to post.

Swiss Air

Hi,
I have found a flight on Swiss Air via Zurich to Berlin from ORD, then FRA via Zurich to ORD. I am using Kayak I can either book with Orbitz or the airline itself. I am trying to book the flight from the Swiss Air web site but can't book an open jaw flight. I have tried doing just one way fares but the price is through the roof. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to call the airline to book? (flights are for September)

I then tried booking with Orbitz but when I tried that,it won't let book through them either. I forgot what it told me.

Am I doing something wrong? I thinks its a decent airfare, (around 813.00 per person) I liked to book it before it's gone. Please help!

Wendy

Posted by
19242 posts

Why SwissAir? Yes, I know it is a nice airline (I've flown it), but Lufthansa is nice, too (actually any none US flag airline). Lufthansa will fly you directly to/from Germany. Those stops in Zürich aren't very time efficient.

Posted by
190 posts

Lee,
Monkying around with our dates, I am able to get us to europe a day ahead of schedule. I think it's an opportunity not to pass up.

Is Swiss Air not reliable?

Posted by
811 posts

Wendy,

I love Swiss Air. It's the fanciest service I've ever had while sitting in coach (which is all the time). In fact, my husband and I are booking a trip to Europe right now and are strongly considering paying a little bit more money in airfare just so we can fly Swiss. The only downside is their website doesn't allow for multi-city flights (as you've found). Hopefully a call to the airline will garner the same low airfares that you found on Orbitz (just have flight numbers/times ready for them to plug into the system).

Good luck!

Posted by
61 posts

Swiss Air's website says that you have to call them for open jaw flights. Might be why you are having trouble with Kayak.