Please sign in to post.

shuttle from CDG to Paris

I have been trying to determine if we should hire a private shuttle to get from CDG to Paris. Do any of you have any experience with hiring a private shuttle from ParisShuttle, Shuttle Inter or Capital Shuttle? They all say that they will meet you at your gate with a sign, which is exactly what I want, but I have been reading comments from other people stating that they have had to call the shuttle service and the wait is long. I would only like to do the shuttle if they are there waiting for me. Any help would be appreciated :)

Posted by
56 posts

My husband and I went last October and we were going to get a private shuttle, but I'm so glad that was the only detail that I didn't arrange of our trip. We had NO problem getting a cab to take us directly into Paris. I think I would have been more confused trying to meet up with someone! It was our first out of the country experience and we had no problems with the taxi at the airport.

Posted by
102 posts

Hi Cathie, My family and I have flown into CDG twice in the last four years. Each time we have had Airport Connection meet us at the airport. The longest we've had to wait was no longer than 10-15 mins. We make reservations on the internet and call them on a public airport phone (no coins needed, call is free) when we arrive while we wait for our luggage. Every driver we've encountered was kind and knowledgable. Their English is way better than my French so communication is no problem. We even use the shared minivan which might explain our no delay pick up experience.

Our first trip to CDG seems like a dream now. We were tired and jetlagged zombies. After collecting the luggage and calling the shuttle we walked out of the gate to meet the driver. A good looking, well dressed gentleman approched my wife and in a very heavy French accent said "You are....Madame Smith". I just remember my mind instantly down shifting into vacation mode.

Have a great trip!!

Posted by
157 posts

Cathie,

I have used Golden Air with no probelms, when we arrived at CDG and picked up our luggage then called, they promply met us in 15 min at the designated spot. Upon our return, they were waiting for us in the Hotel lobby b4 our 7:30 departure time & had us at CDG in 60 minutes.

In my opinion the shuttle is the way to go. No hassle in changing from Roissy Bus to cab or the cheapest, but most painful method all those Metro steps. I'm in good shape and it was still bad news.

Jim

Posted by
22 posts

Thanks for all your replies. I have a source (granddaughter of a friend) that lives in Paris and is going to send a private car for us...so all should be well. I really appreciate all your input. It's hard to know what to be concerned about and what to "just let happen" when you are traveling to a non-english speaking country for the first time. Hopefully, I've covered all the necessities and the rest is just going to be, LOL.