Please sign in to post.

Shuttle from CDG to Paris

We are flying into CDG - family of 4 - and are questioning whether to book a shuttle to our apartment in the 13th arr. or to rent a car (parking comes with the apartment). Haven't heard much about good shuttle service to/from CDG, so I am concerned we could be stranded. Also, is there a van taxi that could fit the 4 of us with luggage? Thanks

Posted by
2876 posts

You'll see numerous minivan taxis in the taxi rank outside the terminals. They easily accommodate 4 plus luggage. There are also private minivan shuttles. The RS guidebook to Paris usually has some recommendations.

Posted by
2153 posts

Marie, I used "Bee Shuttle" and it worked out great. I made the reservation online. They gave me a toll free number to call when I arrived at the airport and they responded very quickly. I'd use them again. Hope you have a great time in Paris! Internet : www.bee-shuttle.com Email : [email protected]

Posted by
2349 posts

Free parking or no, don't rent a car just to drive between the apartment and the airport. If this is your first trip to Paris, do yourself a favor and do not drive in Paris.

Posted by
4412 posts

In case that wasn't clear...No Car In Paris! Free parking or not... My family of 4 adults - each with a carry-on-sized bag and day bag - easily take European taxis (regular-sized/European cars) with our luggage. We might need to keep our daybags with us (and I ALWAYS do anyway - it contains any valuables that I have with me; those never go into a trunk). You could just get into the taxi queue...that wouldn't be a disaster. It's what I always do... Paris - I'm envious ;-) Have a great time!

Posted by
2269 posts

I don't think you need to worry about booking a shuttle service upon landing. There are plenty of taxis that can get you into the city. We're still shaking our heads over the size of one taxi that took 4 of us and our luggage last year - slightly larger than a smart car, but he got us all in. I think more people book for their departure.

Posted by
66 posts

Marie,
We've taken the shuttle (took us a while to find it, and others who were taking it had some trouble as well), and once you get to town it makes lots of stops. The next time we took the train, which was much easier and quicker (and cheaper). The only caveat is that the automatic ticket machines require a type of credit card we don't have in the U.S., but there is a ticket window where you can buy train tickets as well. I much preferred that to the shuttle.