Please sign in to post.

Schiphol to Haarlem/Hotel Haarlem Zuid and Bus 300

Rick's Best of Europe 2007 indicates Bus 300 stops at or near this rather remote hotel. Does the fare paid at Schiphol take us all the way to the hotel? What's the elapsed running time from Schiphol to the hotel?
Thanks

Posted by
36 posts

I rode this bus just this week (August 15th) to Schiphol for my return flight to Canada. I got on at the bus station in Haarlem and rode all the way to Schiphol Airport. I had purchased a 15-strip strippenkaart (for multiple transit rides) at a cost of Euros 6,80. The driver on board simply marked on it how many was required for the trip (8 strips) I also had previously used the kaart twice for riding the tram in downtown Amsterdam (which cost 2 strips each way), which left me with three strips for future use. If you plan to use public transit more than this, or if there is more than one person travelling, purchase a larger strippenkaart, or more than one. They are available from tobacco shops, and newsstands. The total travel time from Haarlem to Schiphol was 40 minutes, and the bus left the bus station every 15 minutes. It was easy and trouble-free. Not sure where Hotel Haarlem Zuid falls on this route, though. Hope this helps. Happy travels!