Please sign in to post.

Schiphol to Haarlem - Bus #300 tickets?

I've read several conflicting things about where to buy the tickets when we get off the plane: from driver; at a kiosk; train window (even though it's the bus)....
Has anyone done this RECENTLY? If so, I'd appreciate any advice.

Posted by
7530 posts

The last time we took the route, we did the train, cheaper, one stop, but I don't recall having to change trains. Even a bus driver recommended the train when I asked about tickets.

Posted by
212 posts

I don't remember the bus number we took. I do remember, however, that we caught a bus directly from Schiphol to Haarlem. As I recall, it even had it's own dedicated bus lane. We bought the ticket from the driver on board - very easy. Our hotel was on the main square in Haarlem and the bus dropped us within one block. The train station was reasonably convenient (we took it into Amsterdam - approx. 30 minutes) but was ~1/2 mile from the square. Hope this helps.

Posted by
36 posts

I took this bus (#300) yesterday from Haarlem to Schiphol, (all the busses are red), to connect with my flight back to Canada after 5 weeks in Europe. I paid with a Strippenkaart which I purchased from a tobacco shop. The driver stamped the kaart when I got on and we were off. Trip took about 40 minutes, and it leaves every 15 minutes. The total cost for the strippenkart was Euros 6,80, but I also used it for two tram rides in Amsterdam the day before plus the trip to the airport, so it was a great deal. The Cocierge at my hotel gave me this advice, telling me it would be much easier and cheaer than taking the train to Centraal Station, then switching trains to Schiphol. The bus couldn't have been easier.