Please sign in to post.

Santorini to Crete

It appears that there are no direct flights from Santorini to Crete without returning to Athens on or about April 1st. It also appears that there are direct no ferries around those dates. Any tips on how we can get to Crete without going back to Athens? Any suggestions for links from Santorini to other islands you would recommend to visit where we can either fly or ferry direct to Athens about April 5? Thanks,
Darrell

Posted by
32328 posts

Darrell, I had a brief look at Ferry options for April 1st, but wasn't able to find any sailings either via regular Ferries (Blue Star) or Fast Cats. That's a bit "early" in the season for Greece, so your options will probably be limited. Your best option will be via air at that time of year. Aegean has flights from Santorini to Heraklion with a flight time of 3H:25M, but unfortunately you wouldn't get to Crete until about midnight. Olympic offers earlier (afternoon) flights on that route, but they take longer and appear to be considerably more expensive. It's a bit of a "long shot", but you might contact Fantasy Travel in Athens, as they will be able to provide you very definite answers on your best options. I've found them to be VERY helpful. BTW, I was in the Mission / Abbotsford area for a few days last weekend. Good luck and happy travels!

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks for info. We found ferries northward instead so have booked 3 nights each on Paros and Naxos before heading to Athens.