Please sign in to post.

Ryanair

Does anyone know how to purchase open-jaw tickets from Ryanair? On their website homepage, there's no option for this...just one-way or return trip from the same city.

Posted by
108 posts

Thanks for your reply, Steve. That's what I thought, also, but wondered if I was missing something.

Posted by
19117 posts

RyanAir actually considers each flight to be a separate entity. As a result, they take no responsibility for what happens if an arrival is late. If you have end to end RyanAir flights and the first one is late, making you miss the second flight, too bad, you lose. The second ticket is non-transferable, non-refundable, gone. Read this.

Posted by
108 posts

Lee, Thanks for the information. RyanAir wasn't my first choice, as I'm aware of their stringent policies regarding baggage and such; however, it was the only cheap airline I could find to fly out of Eindhoven, NL to Florence (actually it's Pisa), and then a few days later, fly from Rome's Ciampino airport back to Eindhoven, NL. So luckily this isn't a connecting flight, but even so, they're not making this any easier with all the additional fees they are piling on. Still, I believe we'll come out a few bucks ahead in spite of the hassle. It's a no win.

Posted by
19117 posts

Someone once said, "If you want economy, you'll have to pay for it."

Posted by
1014 posts

Have you looked at Eurolines.com for bus information and fares. Also, skyscanner.com is a good resource to see different airline flights and prices from and to.

Posted by
108 posts

John, Since we're staying with family, it's imperative that we fly out of Eindhoven Airport for convenience, as it's only a 45 min. drive from their home. Using the airport's website, I searched the low cost carriers' websites, and the only airline flying to Pisa (or anywhere near Florence) is RyanAir. I've also used the flylc.com website. Thanks for the skyscanner.com tip. I've also done a search there with no luck, so I guess RyanAir is our one and only choice. Thanks for the info.