Please sign in to post.

Ryanair

How reliable is Ryanair ? Planning on using them between Glascow & Dublin and then Dublin to Frankfort.

Posted by
1078 posts

There's nothing wrong with their reliability most of the time, especially for the routing you choose. It is only the exceptional places they fly to that strange things may happen--weather problems in the Canaries' or Azores, where you could land at the wrong islands, or, as a colleague of mine had in Poland, where Poznan was socked in, they landed somewhere else(in the dark) and wished everyone "good luck," and took off!

Posted by
19240 posts

RyanAir doesn't fly to Kentucky (Frankfort).

And, by the way, RyanAir doesn't fly anywhere near Frankfurt am Main, Germany, either. RyanAir uses Hahn airport, which is almost two hours by bus from Frankfurt, closer to Luxembourg, actually.

Posted by
16082 posts

And in Glasgow, they use Prestwick Airport not the main Glasgow airport. Much further away.

Posted by
2193 posts

Have you checked with the Irish flag airline, Aer Lingus? They compete with Ryanair on the routes you mentioned and serve the “regular” airports. It’s true that you’ll have to factor in the extra time and cost associated with getting from a far-flung airfield to the city you thought you were going to land in. Ryanair also has some very strict baggage rules and extra costs for not following them, but there are folks who understand all of the drawbacks in advance and fly Ryanair religiously with no issues whatsoever. I don’t really want to start another one of those Ryanair debates, especially because I’ve never personally flown with them. Just thought you should know a few facts and understand that they do have some cheap fare fans out there. And, I do believe that they are reliable.

Posted by
13 posts

Thanks to all for helpful info. Following up on Aer Lingus.
mary