Please sign in to post.

Ryanair

Has anyone had difficulty booking online for Ryanair? Is their ticket availabilty frequently updated? No idea why I keep getting sent back to re-enter my credit card and other info. Called my credit card company and they said that there wasn't an attempt made to charge so I must be doing something wrong????

Posted by
32214 posts

Jo, Someone else posted here recently about problems booking with RyanAir. He tried different credit cards and a number of other methods, with no success. I believe he resolved the problem by booking with a different airline. I can't remember all the details, so you'll have to do a search of this site using the Search instructions provided. Where are you flying? Is there an possibility of using a different airline? I normally use RyanAir as a "last resort" and only if nothing else is available. Good luck!

Posted by
15096 posts

Ryanair has a new policy where if you attempt to book a flight more than three times, you get charged a penalty when you finally do make the booking. Of course, it also instituted a computer program using cookies to make sure you have to try at least four times thus getting its penalty. Just kidding....but it's something I wouldn't put past Ryanair.

Posted by
30 posts

We're flying form Paris to Florence (or approcimately- looking for the best fares and the trains take too long. The other option was Air France and it was 3x as much.

Posted by
9363 posts

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have never had a problem with Ryanair. It's been flawless for me, from booking through the flight.

Posted by
30 posts

Just booked on easyjet- much simpler and cheaper! Thanks!

Posted by
32214 posts

Jo, Good choice! I prefer to use EasyJet whenever possible. One other advantage is that you'll probably be departing from CDG or ORY, rather than BVA which RyanAir uses. That will save you some time and money. If you haven't flown budget carriers in Europe before, note that they usually only allow ONE carry-on item of the approved size and weight. Happy travels!