Please sign in to post.

Ryan Air Baggage

Just how strict is Ryan Air regarding their baggage allowances? If I take a carry on that just meets their requirements, can I also take a purse in addition to or will I be charged extra for the purse?

Posted by
15011 posts

Very strict..you can carry on one item. If you bring a purse either your carry-on bag or purse will have to be checked. Try to figure out a way to put your purse in your carry-on.

You could bring a coat on with your carry-on but not another "bag."

Posted by
32212 posts

Phyllis,

Most of the airlines in the U.K. are VERY strict with the carry on bag rules. As Frank II mentioned, the ONE BAG rule is usually enforced. RyanAir is about the most strict of all in enforcing baggage limits (any excuse to 'nick' passengers with another charge - have a look at Frank II's other post regarding their new checked baggage charges).

I'd suggest you use a carry on bag of the approved size that has enough capacity to fit the Purse.

Happy travels!

Posted by
2207 posts

Frank and Ken are correct on their advice. RyanAir is probably one of the most strict airlines. We've flown them 6-7 times and the biggest hassle is always getting on the plane and PAYING for all the extras! Here in Rome you have to get on at Ciampino which is an experience in itself!

The following link has a list of many of the "budget airlines" in Europe... and some other facts about flying in Europe. I'd look at this - especially if you need specific Euro-Airline weblinks - and I would always check the airline restrictions on their website BEFORE booking! For the Euro-Airline information, CLICK HERE

Posted by
2 posts

I agree with the above posts. You will have to put your purse in your carry-on bag and your bag will be weighed. If it is above 10kg you will have to pay to check the bag. It costs more to pay to check a bag at the airport than to pay when you buy the ticket on-line. Ryan Air can be a hassle. I always check out the other European low cost airlines before booking with Ryan Air. A few more euros on another airline will resolve a lot of headaches.