Please sign in to post.

Ryan air

Is Ryan air a good choice to get from Edinborough to Dublin and Dublin to London?

Posted by
9363 posts

If you can carefully abide by their rules (carryon limits, check in times, etc.) Ryanair can be a great value. In London, Ryanair flies into Gatwick, Stansted or Luton, not Heathrow, just so you know. Be sure you spell Edinburgh correctly, though, or you won't find flights.

Posted by
32219 posts

Betsy, I haven't checked recently, but you probably won't have too many flight options from Edinburgh to Dublin. RyanAir probably has the best coverage on that route and usually the lowest cost. Aer Lingus may also have flights, but I haven't checked. Another option you could consider (depending on cost) would be EasyJet from Edinburgh to Belfast (take the train to Dublin). If you decide to book with RyanAir , be prepared for lots of extra charges. The initial price will be cheap, but by the time you finish the booking process, the end cost will have increased. Keep in mind that RyanAir was proposing to charge passengers €1 to use the washrooms during the flight (not sure what happened to that initiative???). They also have very "tight" baggage limits and little tolerance for those "over the limit". If you're travelling with heavy luggage, be prepared to pay and it won't be cheap (I can tell you that from personal experience)! Note that the cheapest prices for seats on budget airlines are usually for those that book first. If you wait until the flight is almost full, the cost will be higher. Good luck and happy travels!