Please sign in to post.

RT Oakland CA to Berlin $544 Aug/Sep

Just got round trip tickets for my wife and I from Oakland via Oslo to Berlin on Aug 24-25, coming back Berlin via Stockholm to Oakland on Sep 18. Prices were too good to pass up. Not the end of the world if there are delays getting there or coming back, and I do realize Norwegian Air is well, Norwegian Air. Not sure if we will make an online purchase of baggage or not. We might not need to. Looks like Berlin is a major secondary airport for Norwegian so that might be helpful if there are delay, cancellation problems.

Posted by
9420 posts

I love Norwegian Air, fantastic plane (Dreamliner) and prices.
We just bought r/t - non stop - Oak / Paris for $600 (LowFare+, which adds $180 to base price).

Many friends have flown NA often and have never had delays or cancellations.
I’ve flown them once, r/t, and no delay or cancellation.

Posted by
8138 posts

We booked Boston-Madrid cheap because it was a new route for Norwegian--5/29. Then Paris-Boston was reasonable. Total price about $500.
Thankfully we can get to Boston cheap (about $200) on Delta because of Jet Blue and Southwest also flying that route.
I remain very thankful to have some European budget air carriers to keep the legacy airlines honest on rates. I just pray they'll remain in business and not get swallowed up by their competition like so many other cut rate airlines.

Posted by
882 posts

Norwegian Air Shuttle continues (hopefully) to provide transatlantic service from North American locations to a number of European destinations, often at remarkably low fares. Having flown them often, I consider myself a fan - they have become our "go to" airline for European travel even though they do not serve my neighborhood airport (PDX Portland).
Not to be playing "toppers" - but we booked an October departure non stop Oakland to Paris for $180 per person one way and a return Barcelona to Oakland non stop flight in late October for $200 per person. Those "Dreamliners" are very nice!

Posted by
882 posts

Hi Susan
It isn't my wish to make my enthusiasm for Norwegian a commercial endorsement. To answer your question, the prices I stated were for Norwegian's lowest fares on the flights mentioned. It has been my experience with Norwegian that I have received an "offer" from them to upgrade to "business" or "first" class for a bid determined by me. Every time this "offer" has been made I accepted it with a bid only $10 higher than their "LowFare+" increase. When accepted, I now have checked luggage, three meals and a seat upgrade. I have found it to be a "risk" worth taking.

Posted by
10215 posts

Rob, that's great! I'm so happy for you that your long awaited trip will be here soon.

Posted by
9420 posts

Blue, that’s very smart of you if/when it works!

Posted by
569 posts

Good to hear others experiences with Norwegian. Andrea, really looking forward to the trip, next travel group meeting I come to I'll fill everyone in on my planning. Three and a half weeks is a decent chunk of time, not sure yet on itinerary.

Posted by
4313 posts

@David What airport to fly SW or Jetblue to Boston? Nashville?

Posted by
3223 posts

@rob in cal—just curious how you found that flight? Do you subscribe to email alerts or a Scott’s cheap flights type of service or randomly in your own?

Posted by
7049 posts

Congratulations on getting a great fare! I've been reading your posts and know how much you were looking forward to going back to Europe after a long hiatus. Happy planning and travels!

Posted by
3950 posts

Congratulations Rob. I can’t wait to hear about your plans at our next meeting!

Posted by
569 posts

Diveloonie, I just randomly check Norwegian every so often to see what they have on offer. They don't fly too much to places I was hoping to visit, (Germany, Austria, Czechia) except for Berlin. We had been thinking about flying into Copenhagen and out from somewhere further south, but Berlin should work out well. We're planning a circular route over our 23 days on the ground in Europe.
@Mona, yes it will be nice to actually have a Europe trip for me to talk about with people.
@Agnes, thanks for kind words, really looking forward to the trip, I've been missing Europe.

Posted by
9420 posts

diveloonie, what rob said, you just go to NorwegianAir.com.