Please sign in to post.

Rome to Paris

Hello, I am taking one of Rick's "My Way" tours starting in Paris & ending in Rome in July. I know it is very early to book airline tickets now but I have started looking. I've noticed that one way from Rome is roughly 3x as much as Paris. So, I figured it would be better to book a round trip to/from Paris. Which is a better way to get from Rome to Paris, train or Ryanair? Thanks-
Donna

Posted by
9110 posts

It sounds like what you're doing is trying to figure the deal with two one-way tickets. Use 'mult-city' instead on something like kayak.com. Fiddling with it for a couple of weeks in May, it looks like Chicago to Paris and back is about a thousand bucks, and close to the same for Rome and back. Going in to Paris and out from Rome adds less than two hundred dollars - - you can't move yourself from one city to another for much less and you'd loose a whole darn day doing it. And in answer to your specific question, there's all kinds of problems: Ryan uses a Paris airport that will take you a couple of hours, at best, to get to from Roissy and will probably cost you a lot more than you suspect. The train is bound to be an over-nighter with an ungodly arrival time.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you, I was just looking at 2 one ways rather than a multi city. Definately worth $200 to leave out of Rome.

Posted by
32253 posts

donna, I wouldn't suggest using RyanAir, as their flights terminate at BVA, which is a considerable distance outside Paris. My preference would be EasyJet from Rome / FCO to Paris / ORY. They currently have flights listed on that route at €35.99. Note that the final cost will be slightly higher, depending on your baggage situation, etc. The flights are two hours, and they appear to have departures both at 15:15 and 20:25. Happy travels!

Posted by
11507 posts

Just for others,, Ryanair is not only choice,, and obviously not the best one either since it uses Beavais airport( which is almost 100 km from Paris). I flew using Vueling from Paris to Rome one way,, paid 80 euros,, and they used Charles de Gaulle airport( 35 minutes from Paris on commuter train, direct, ) .. this was a few years ago,, think they use Orly now, which also have decent public transport options to and from .