Please sign in to post.

Rome FCO airport to Florence

My daughter and I are flying into Rome FCO and want some suggestions on the best way to get to Florence period it does not appear that bus tickets are available online. Does that mean we might be able to buy them in person or that it's sold out that day? Not sure if train would be the best option but it looks like we have to transfer via train from FCO to the main Rome terminal and then take a train from there....any suggestions?

Posted by
23270 posts

The train is the most convenient and comfortable way to go and probably the fastest. Buy you ticket at the train station at the airport, take the Leonard Express to Termini. And transfer platforms. Your seat to Florence will be reserved. If you have a little extra time between trains you grab a little lunch or hit a grocery store (in the station) and buy a picnic lunch for train. Depending on the age of your daughter you share a bottle of wine. A relaxing way to go.

Posted by
375 posts

Twice a day there is a direct Frecciargento train from FCO to Florence SMN station. The times are 11:08 and 15:08. It takes 2 hours 14 minutes. i’ve taken this train and it’s nice not having to change trains even though changing is no big deal unless you have a lot of luggage.