Please sign in to post.

Roma Pass

If we may only get to see the Colosseum/Palatine Hill/ Roman Forum and use it for buses and metros, is the Roma Pass still the better deal? Will be in Rome 3 days. Will the Roma Pass cover the metro ride from FCO airport to the main train station (near our hotel)?

Posted by
63 posts

The Metro does not go to and from FCO. So NO it is not included on a metro pass. There are multiple day metro passes available. I would like to suggest that you get a Rick Steves Rome guide book for more details about the Roma Pass. It will also explain several different ways to get from the airport to your hotel. Okay I am not the sharpest tack on the cork board. So I wonder why you say you will be in Rome 3 days and may only get to see the Colosseum and Forum area. That seems odd. Any special reason why that is the case? As only one or two more sights usually makes the Roma Pass a good value.

Posted by
8 posts

Sorry, I guess that did sound strange...the rest of the story. My traveling companion has some minor mobility restraints that will require frequent rests, so we have divided our time accordingly. Tuesday arrival (should be ready to move about by noon) we will explore the Ancient aspect of Rome by visiting the Colosseum/Palatine hill/ Roman Forum area winding down at Piazza Venezia. Day two is for the Vactican Museum/St Peter's Basilica/St Peter's Square and maybe Trastevere. Day three will be the Pantheon and surrounding areas, the market, Trevi fountain, Spanish steps. We hope to do a some of the Rick Steve's walks in the evenings, but my main goal is the keep a pace that makes the visit pleasant! :)
I took Mr. Steve's advice about planning this as only a "FIRST" trip to Rome, an introduction to this great city!

Posted by
513 posts

Lisa - If you do visit the sites you listed (and which are covered by the Roma Pass) and use the Metro very much at all, the Pass will be well worth it. I rarely purchase these types of city pass/cards, but I have the Roma Pass. I felt I received "my money's worth". Also, they include an excellent map of the city.

Posted by
23283 posts

I have disagree with Jack. The Colosseum/Forum is one entry and that appears to be the only time you are using the Roma Pass. Vatican is separate. Without checking current prices, in past you need to use the pass at least three times to breakeven. The value as a transit pass is limited since again you might only use it once or twice a day. Cheaper to buy a daily pass.