Please sign in to post.

Roma pass

We are traveling in Rome with 2 children ages 10/12. We are going to be there for 3 days,among our plans is to see the Roman Forum etc. and the Borghese Gallery and use the metro a few times during our stay. I see that it is likely worthwhile to buy a Roma pass for the adults, but is it for the children?
(Do they get discounted at the Metro or the forum?)

Posted by
68 posts

I other benefit I found great of the Roma pass (2 summer ago) was that I did not have to wait in line at the Coliseum because we had the pass. I think this saved us at least 1-2 hrs of time and standing in line. Well worth it to me even it was a few dollars more. Don't forget for the Borghese Gallery to make a reservation online. You get a timed reservation, also make reservation ahead of time online for Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel.

Posted by
16895 posts

The Colosseum combo ticket mentioned above can be purchased at locations with shorter ticket lines, instead of at the Colosseum, if that's the only time-savings the pass would give you. Rules changed about a year ago so that kids need not be EU residents to get discounts or free admission at many museums (see this recent discussion for Florence links). If you're booking Borghese tickets online, it does offer the 2-euro discounted ticket price to any child under 18, contrary to the info displayed on the link Dick provided. I lean toward believing that the shopping cart is the more up-to-date of the two pages.