Please sign in to post.

reservations in Cinque Terre 26-9-2007 to 28-9-2007

For the past 10 days I've been trying to reserve a room in Monterosso and Vernazza using the recommendations in Rick's book without any luck. Any suggestions. My wife an I don't really want to wait until we get there to find a room. I having been sending out e-mails. Is this going to be possible? We will be staying in Venesia for 3 days prior Cinque Terre. We really want to have a room reserved so we can enjoy Italy and not fret about finding a place to stay. Any help or advice would be appreciated. thanks Bill

Posted by
1633 posts

Bill, I did a "search" on the upper right side of this web page. Previous forums indicated that this time period is extremely busy--I guess it's the shoulder season. Some have stayed at MarMar in Riomaggiore (in Rick Steves' book), also try caterinarooms.it in Vernazza or e-mail m.annamaria@libero.it in Vernazza. Good luck--I guess you're leaving soon.

Posted by
6898 posts

As you read down the posts on this site, you will see about 4-5 people looking for a room in the CT. Seems that everything is booked up. You might look at La Spezia or someplace just north of the CT. There might be better opportunities. We stayed at the Astoria in La Spezia. The Continental is just across the street from the train station. Nothing special about La Spezia except the great train station that is 6 minutes from Riomaggiore. You might look at www.venere.com.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks for all the help. We found an apartment in Riomaggiore. You never really know what you're getting until you get there. everyone has a different idea and a different ideal. discovery makes traveling fun. thanks again