Please sign in to post.

Rental cars

Hello forum members,
We are taking a month long trip to Europe next month. We are renting a car in all three countries we are going to. Norway, Scotland and Ireland. My question is this....Do most rental cars have a USB port to plug in your phone? I want to be able to listen to my Scottish music playlist as we are driving around Scotland.

Posted by
6788 posts

Some, not all. Some will have the Bluetooth option, some wont.

There's no guarantee that your rental car will have any of these options (though many will). If it's really important for you to have something like this, you should bring your own gear to enable that. Small, battery-powered, bluetooth speakers are cheap and portable (I recently picked up one of these - small, lightweight, durable, easy to use, and sounds incredible...I hadn't thought about bringing it along on a trip, but now you've got me thinking about motoring along listening to Alasdair Fraser...hmmm).

You can hope for the best, or if it's important enough, bring the stuff you need to ensure it'll be there for you.

Posted by
2639 posts

certainly in Scotland all the cars I have rented over the last few years have had USB ports,usually at least 2, sometimes the are beside the cigarette lighter sometime on the console near the hand break, just depends on the car. most cars will have Blue tooth for you to play your music on the car system.