Please sign in to post.

Rental Car Insurance

What are my options for rental car insurance in Europe? I am an American and I know that my normal US policy doesn't cover it. Also, I do not have a credit card that provides coverage. Are there other ways to get rental car insurance? Or, do I need to buy the additional insurance every time that I rent a car? I would prefer to get a blanket policy if possible. I will be renting 2 cars in Greece and 1 in Italy in Summer 2011. It is not possible to just lease 1 car. Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted by
2876 posts

Check out autoeurope.com. Their rates include most insurance coverages. It's all explained on their website. If you want 100%, no-deductible coverage, buy Super CDW from the rental car company.

Posted by
1358 posts

Another option would be to buy the regular CDW with the rental car and get additional coverage to cover the deductible. Most CDW plans come with a deductible, and an excess plan will cover that, or will the Super CDW. Insurance4carhire has a plan that will cover you on the excess for different periods -- one rental, one month, one year.