Please sign in to post.

rental car

which rental car company the best in spain

Posted by
1633 posts

Many car rental companies that are in Spain are also in other European countries. For the best rates, arrange for a car prior to your departure from the States. Some car rental broker companies that I have used are AutoEurope (check for prices online), Gemut and Kemwel (prices online). These companies arrange for rentals with companies such as Hertz, Avis and Europcar. For the best prices, rent, and drop off your car, in the same country. It doesn't need to be the same location just the same country. Rentals of more than 3 to 4 days are also less expensive. If you can, get a diesel, stick shift car for the best gas mileage. I purchase a good Michelin, or similar map, prior to my trip. You can find these maps for sale on this website under the Travel Store or in a local bookstore. Have fun on your trip.

Posted by
798 posts

I would go along with what Denise said. The only thing I would add is to take a GPS with a European map card in it. The one problem we have found with maps that are of large enough scale for traveling on byways is that they are really too big to be easy to use in the confines of a small car. The maps and the GPS supplement each other.