Please sign in to post.

railpasses

Can anyone tell me if the railpasses sold through Rick Steves' are valid for travel between Santiago de Compostelo and San Sebastian Spain?

Posted by
19240 posts

The rail passes sold by Rick Steves are Eurail (www.eurail.com) passes and are valid on all Spanish Rail trains, but not for airplanes, buses, taxis, etc. I assume you are planning to travel from Santiago de Compostelo to San Sebastian by rail?

Posted by
9 posts

Yes - travel by rail. However the time tables Rick sent do not show any rail travel between Santiago and San Sebastian. It does show a private rail line on his map so I guess my question should be: " Are the railpasses valid on the Private lines in Spain?"

Posted by
23573 posts

And make sure the rail pass is cost effective. That is not always the situation with additional fees and limited availability coupled with deep discount for P2P.

Posted by
19240 posts

Forget the timetable Rick sent you. They are probably based on tickets RailEurope sells, only a small subset of the trains available. Renfe.com and the Bahn both show a direct train from Santiago to San Sabastian leaving at 9:59. RailEurope also sells rail pass reservations for that train (not that I am recommending RailEurope, just showing that the train exists and is accessible with a railpass).