Please sign in to post.

rail travel

This will be our first time to travel by rail from munich to zurich. Four people traveling. What is the best train or pass? There are so many I am cofused. Thank you for your help..

Posted by
32212 posts

amelia, There are frequent trains from Munich to Zürich. I'd probably use a train departing Munich at 08:24, arriving Zürich Hb at 13:23 (time 4H:59M, 3 changes). The schedules may change slightly between now and when you'll be travelling, but probably won't change much. You can check the rail schedules using the This Website. Hopefully Lee will spot this Thread, as he'll be able to provide the best ticket options for a group of four. If you're only making one trip by rail, I'd suggest using P-P tickets rather than a Railpass. Happy travels!

Posted by
2 posts

What are p-p tickets? I am sorry for being so unfamiliar with the rail system I appreciate your info. Thanks, Amelia

Posted by
6653 posts

You can get advance-sale tickets for Munich to Zürich for 39 Euros; start with this page: http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en They go on sale 92 days in advance and usually sell out quickly. You want to be sure about the itinerary, as fees are charged for changes. I don't think you can do better than that if you want point-to-point tickets for just one journey.

Posted by
10344 posts

Amelia: You asked what "p-p" (I know, it sounds bad, but it has nothing to do with restrooms) refers to, it means buying point to point train tickets, as opposed to a rail pass.