Please sign in to post.

Rail travel

Our tentative schedule was venice...cinque terre...Florence/wine country...Amalfi coast...Rome. We have 2 weeks in Italy. What's the best route? Venice to cinque terre, or maybe venice to Florence to cinque terre then down to Amalfi coast. Thanks for any help you can give. Kevin and Christina

Posted by
4412 posts

Before we get too excited here - do you already have airline tickets purchased? If so, what are your arrival and departure cities?

Posted by
2 posts

Arrive in venice. Depart from rome. 2 weeks in italy

Posted by
4412 posts

OK - I would do it as you've laid out; Florence-Amalfi coast makes for a shorter day than the CT - Amalfi coast. BUT...what are your reasons for both the CT and Amalfi coast? And what exactly do you mean by 'Amalfi coast'? What do you plan to do in that area, and for how long? I realize this is kinda like saying 'why on earth are you going to TWO cities?' LOL! But, you don't have a lot of time (do you mean 14 days IN Europe?): if it were MY trip, I would allocate 3/Venice, 2/the CT, 3/Florence, 3/the Amalfi coast, and 3/Rome. Actually, I would probably drop the CT and add to Florence (do I hear 'day trips'?) and Rome or the Amalfi coast (again, depending on what you're planning to do there).