Please sign in to post.

Rail Europe Promotion For $125.00, May 12th

Did anyone Get tickets on the promotion? I bet not! Numerous people tried, including myself and it just showed "COMING SOON" and then 5 to 7 mins after 900am, PDT, it showed that it was sold out..the ? is to whom did they sell them. I feel it was a scam, but for who. It has made people mad and not trusting of Rail Europe. There are other sites to use to buy tickets in the USA, as Euro Railways. It would be great if the community could get together and "put Rail Europe on the carpet", about this! any ideas?!

Posted by
5 posts

I am tired of being used by the "big guys", for their purposes..think we have seen enough of that! for a lifetime!

Posted by
156 posts

I totally agree with you about this promo. The minute the promo flashed on screen in Canada I ordered and got an error flash...kept ordering and within 5 to 7 minutes there was a notice saying sold out.Did they only have 2 tickets in the promo....I feel scammed and when I tried to phone Rail Europe, the phones were engaged all the time. Will try to phone my protest again tomorrow....

Posted by
1 posts

I had the same experience as many of you.
I was poised with form filled out and at nine tried to complete the transaction.
The site would not allow the special promo price but instead kept adding the regular price.

Then, the error code came up and finally the "sold out" message.
I spoke with someone in customer service who had absolutely no interest in my complaint.
When I asked how many tickets had been available the woman said they could not divulge that information.

I think this was a ploy/scam to increase traffic on the site and would never again consider using this company. We had intended to use the select pass and then add an additional swiss pass for the rest of our travels. We will now purchase tickets as we go.

Charlotte

Posted by
705 posts

No, we didn't get tickets either. But try we did.
I experienced all the emotions already described. We'll purchase our rail passes some place else.

Posted by
156 posts

Phoned my complaint to Rail Europe and was told there were lots of tickets but thousands of hits....however they would be happy to sell me a ticket at the regular price and I politely told her what her chances were......

Posted by
11 posts

I had the same problem, as did two friends of mine. I saw a post of facebook that said that only 250 were sold. No idea if that info is legit or not, but it sounds about right. I was on at noon and got the error message immediately. I'll never buy from them.

Posted by
1 posts

I tried and was ready at 9am. I didn't notice the "PROMO" tab until a few screen refreshes. I also had the regular tickets in my cart and it took so long to delete them. I still even have the $125 promo ticket in my cart but it won't let me checkout now. I called them yesterday and it took them 25 mins to pick up my call. After pleading my case.the lady just told me to email contact them. This is the reply I got-

"
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your interest in Rail Europe. I would be happy to assist
you today.

Thank you for your interest in Rail Europe's Eurail 50th Anniversary
Promotion. We've had an overwhelming demand and apologize that at this
time we have sold out our supply and the promotional offer is no longer
available.
Please visit our Eurail Select Pass page to book the pass options
currently available. And take advantage of our current 75% off promotion
on all rail products

Thank you again for contacting Rail Europe, and please visit us again at
www.raileurope.com.
Sincerely,
Sarah
Internet Help Desk

Posted by
1 posts

Yes, it is def a scam. BIG, BAD SCAM. Never use raileurope. I bought a ticket on May 20. Money was charged to my credit card on the same day but I never received e-ticket or paper ticket and I am supposed to take the train in 4 days (June 5). I waited for 3 HOURS on the phone yesterday and no one picked up my line. TODAY, I waited for another 2 HOURS and the line finally hang up on me. I sent them 3 EMAILS, POSTED QUESTIONS on facebook, and still no response. I am going to file complaints with my credit card company, better business bureau and TV networks. This don't deserve to be in business.

Posted by
8 posts

What is the status of the complaints against Rail Europe? What other places to buy rail passes?

Posted by
9100 posts

It's okay to purchase rail passes from Rail Europe, it's the point to point ticket they rip you off on. In fact when you purchase rail passes here on the RS site, you are redirected to a special Rail Europe operated site with Rick's picture on it.