Please sign in to post.

Paris to Venice

We've done this trip numerous times by train. Has anyone tried flying between these cities? Cost and time are two major factors. Oh, and train strikes. We seem to travel during train strikes so that's why I'm asking about flying. Any input is much appreciated!

Posted by
8700 posts

If cost is most important, your best budget airline choices are Paris CDG-Venice Marco Polo on easyJet and Paris Orly-Venice Marco Polo on Myair.

Posted by
11507 posts

Also look at Vueling,, flys out of CDG so easy to get to airport on public transportation

Posted by
11 posts

How long is the train from Rome to Venice? IS it worth the ride to go for the day and is it even possible to do?

Posted by
4555 posts

Ida, it's 4 1/2 hours, station to station, each way, so really not a day trip. The earliest you could arrive would be shortly before noon, then you'd have to leave "downtown" Venice by about 6 pm

Posted by
96 posts

Hi. Thanks to the replies to my question about flying between Paris and Venice. I've checked out the various websites and am considering my options. However, on the topic of a day trip to Venice, especially from Rome, that is a big NO! Venice is best appreciated in the evening, after the tour buses roll out of town. Besides, why would anyone want to spend more time traveling round trip between two towns than they would actually spend visiting the destination of their day trip? We stay in Venice for a week and the farthest day trip we've taken in to Trieste (about 2 hrs. each way) and even that is a stretch. If you are committed to staying in Rome for a period of time, perhaps you could fly home from Venice or Milan on an "open jaw" flight. Please give Venice more than a few afternoon hours; you won't be disappointed.