Please sign in to post.

Paris to venice

We will be flying into Paris and spending a couple nights there and then need to get to Venice for a cruise. Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to get from Paris to Venice. Intra-Europe flights, train or rent a car and drive. We would not be in a hurry to get to Venice as we would have 3 or 4 days before the cruise departs. Just would like advice on the cheapest way.
Thanks.....Mary

Posted by
1167 posts

You need to clarify if you are talking about just travel cost or total cost. For the travel, air would be cheapest because you won't have the meals and lodging expenses that you will have with other modes of travel. But if that means you will have to spend extra days in either Paris or Venice then the cost will be greater because those are relatively expensive places to stay. Be a little more specific about you time frame and you will get better advice.

Posted by
30 posts

I guess what I am looking for is if there are any local airlines that would be cheap or if rail would be less. I do want to get to Venice as fast as possible but also with spending the least. When we were in Spain a few years ago we flew to other cities for around 19-25 euro. Are there cheap airlines like that to fly from Paris to Venice?

Posted by
1223 posts

Hi Mary. try easyjet.com. very reliable airline; keep in mind total cost including baggage, booking fees. still likely your best bet.

Posted by
1223 posts

p.s. if you enjoy train, that is another option; about 7 hours to milan, and then another couple of hours to venice; you could spend time in Milan, Verona, or other places on the way if desired.

Posted by
96 posts

I vote for EasyJet also. A stopover in Milan is an option but hotels are very expensive (simple hotel is about $200 a night).

Posted by
6898 posts

The train from Paris to Venice takes about 12hrs and the fare is about 130Eu. Travel by Easyjet or other low-cost airline can easily beat this fare if you book the air tickets really early. Some low-cost airfares can be a low as 29Eu. But, if you choose the low cost airlines, be sure to carefully read their website on their extra charges. If you are bringing a lot of luggage, you may pay dearly for the extra bag and/or weight.

Posted by
19115 posts

With these discount airlines, you have to make reservations well in advance to get the low fares. If you book in advance you can get Europa-Spezial fares from Paris to Munich (6 hrs) for as low as €39/P and Munich to Venice (6½ hrs) for another €39/P. You're not in a hurry; spend some time on the way in Bavaria.

Posted by
813 posts

There's loads of discount airlines.
RyanAir, German Wings, Condor, etc. The schedules for these airlines are getting briefer right now, as the summer tourist season is winding down. There would be more flight choices starting up again in the spring.