Please sign in to post.

Paris to Rome

What is the best way to get from Paris to Rome

Posted by
6898 posts

Fly from Paris-Orly to Rome-FCO. You can easily do this on www.easyjet.com. The train will take you 11-12 hours with 1-2 train changes. The longer runs go through Basel, Switzerland so there is some scenery as you go south through Switzerland. The shorter 11hr run requires a train change at Milan Porto Garibalidi. You have a 35min transfer to Milan Centrale to pick up your next high-speed to Rome.

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you Larry, I found an earlier post and was unsure about Orly and CDG is so big. I jumped in and bought 2 tickets on easy jet. Your post has verified I did the right thing and I will be in Rome for an eight oclock dinner.
Sissy

Posted by
32327 posts

sissy, Using EasyJet is also the method I'd suggest. A few points to mention though. Be sure to pack light, so you don't have to pay an "excess baggage" charge at the time of check-in. It's cheaper to pre-pay for baggage at the time of booking. Also, note that many Euro budget airlines only allow ONE carry-on item. That doesn't mean one carry-on plus a "personal item" such as a Purse or Laptop case - it means ONE ONLY of the approved size. In my experience, this IS enforced most of the time. You may find it helpful to have a look at This website for transport options to Orly. When you arrive at Rome / FCO, use the Leonardo Express for transport to Termini station (€14 if ticket is bought from the Kiosk, trip is about 35 minutes -- DON'T forget to validate your ticket!). Happy travels!

Posted by
4 posts

I am planning to go to Rome from Paris in May 31th-June 3rd. From Paris, we have to take Orly to FCO? CDG don't have direct flight to FCO? What about CIA?

Posted by
33549 posts

What about CIA I guess if nobody has given you an answer you could goggle something like cdg cia and see what comes out?

Posted by
8700 posts

Ryanair flies BVA-CIA. Vueling, easyJet, and Iberia fly ORY-FCO.

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks to all of you. Got a great flight on easy jet from Orly.
Sissy

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks to all of you. Got a great flight from Orly
Sissy