Please sign in to post.

Paris to Rome

First time travelers to Paris and Rome. What is the best way (money and time) to travel from Paris and get to Rome. We are staying in Soriano Nel Cimino.

Posted by
8700 posts
  1. Take the direct night train and save yourselves the cost of a night in a hotel. Go here for a description of the night train, including photos of the sleeping accommodations.

2. Fly on a budget airline. Vueling and Air Berlin fly from CDG to Fiumicino. EasyJet flies from Orly to Ciampino.

Posted by
2207 posts

Cheryl,

Sent you a PM on the rental car options... Having said that, and based on your staying in Soriano Nel Cimino, I would try and fly into FCO... Thus I would suggest Vueling or Air Berlin as the post above has detailed. Renting a car and driving to your destination from FCO will be infinitely better/easier than heading there from Ciampino which is on the southeast side of Rome! If you have not already bought tickets, try and get into FCO!

Ciao,
Ron

Posted by
805 posts

I would fly for sure. Something about the idea of night trains sounds romantic the first time but once you've done it, many folks find its not a great way to go.

Consider Easyjet (www.easyjet.com), which flies from Orly to Rome Ciampino (Rome's second airport which is actually slightly closer to Rome than FCO) and is very reliable. Don't fly RyanAir under any circumstances unless you really want to spend a couple hours traveling to its "Paris Beauvais" airport, which is the middle of nowhere.

Posted by
17 posts

Thanks to all for your suggestions. Will be back for more of your expertise.

Posted by
3 posts

taking the night train is the cheapest way to do it save $$$, check the raileurope official website for rail pass timetable. Then compare it with the airplane options for both convenience and finance.