Please sign in to post.

paris to london

does anyone know the cheapest route to get from paris to london?
----and also, what are the closest ports to both those cities?

Posted by
8700 posts

Looking several months ahead, the cheapest CDG-Luton fare on easyJet is just under €35. The current fare on the Metro & RER from central Paris to CDG is €8.20. (The fare probably will go up on 1 July.) The cheapest way to get from Luton to central London is on the easyBus.

IMO, the BEST way by far is to take the Eurostar train. City center to city center in just over two hours. Booked far enough in advance at www.eurostar.com, a single (one-way) ticket can be as low as $104 US.

Posted by
658 posts

There's a bus that costs EUR41.00

Calais and Dover are the nearest ports

Posted by
1455 posts

Stacey, getting the cheapest route is not necessarily the most economical route. If you are looking to get from Paris to London, for a few dollars more, just fly.

I'm flying from CDG to LHR for $100 dollars on british air. Use kayak.com for the lowest airfare. Also easyjet.com will fly from CDG to Luton, I believe, for as little as 38 EUROS.

From Luton you can take the National Express to London. (http://www.nationalexpress.com/airport/luton.cfm)

Posted by
8293 posts

Michelle: I don't consider $100 to fly from CDG to London a great bargain. You have to pay to get from London to Heathrow and from CDG to Paris, to say nothing of all the hours that takes, plus the time in each airport. If you book far enough ahead you can get from London to Paris on Eurostar for $100, centre city to centre city, 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Posted by
508 posts

I agree with Tim and Norma on the Eurostar... If you are booking in advance, it will also probably be one of the cheapest. I just booked my ticket from Paris to London in mid-September for less than $88 (it was 44 pounds) on the UK version of the Eurostar website and will pick up my ticket at the station in Paris. The advance fare on the US version of the website was over $100.

Posted by
658 posts

I'm sorry Tim the question asks about transport from Paris to London.

So my fare quote is correct - fares from Paris are charged in Euros.

The fare is correct.

Posted by
8700 posts

Al, You are absolutely correct. Now the bigger question is why aren't the fares equivalent to each other?

Posted by
658 posts

You might as well as why airlines don't charge the same fare to fly from Amsterdam to Heathrow as they do from LHR to AMS.

You know just have a set rate and charge the eqiv in either GBP or EUR ?

Because some companies have a commercial business mission statement that begins 'There's one born every minute'.