Please sign in to post.

Paris to CDG airport

I understand there is a flat rate for a taxi from the airport to your Paris hotel. However, what about the return trip. Is there a flat rate from the hotel to the airport? Or is that metered? If so, does anyone know approximately what it would be from the Sorbonne area.

Posted by
126 posts

Same flat rate.

If you book in advance, you may have to pay a "booking" fee, or you can avoid that fee by going to any of the cab stands around the city.

Posted by
9546 posts

It’s fixed rate in both directions.

From the Sorbonne on the Left Bank, it is 55€ for up to four people and their luggage; plus 4€ when you call to reserve the taxi (or7€ if you call ahead to reserve).

So 59€ or 62€.

If you have more than 4 people, it’s 4€ each for each additional person.

Posted by
1817 posts

Thanks, I will probably have my hotel book for me the night before as I have to leave for the airport very early in the morning..

Posted by
3684 posts

Make sure to ask the hotel to call a taxi use the word taxi not ride or car or transport, etc. They might call a car service instead of the taxi service and then the prices quoted above will not apply. Some hotels automatically call a car service and some call a taxi -- I've had both happen at different hotels when I asked the front desk to arrange my ride to the airport but did not specify a taxi. If you have a phone there is no need to ask the hotel to call because Taxi G7 has an English speaking number ((+33) 01 41 27 66 99) and app that you can use to schedule the taxi yourself.

Posted by
1817 posts

Thanks for the great advice about using the word taxi. I am not sure I will call though as I don't like to make calls from my phone in Europe. Even with a package from ATT it adds up quickly, so I mainly text which is unlimited.

Posted by
41 posts

If you know how to use the Metro and RER in Paris and don't have a lot of heavy luggage, you can walk to the Saint-Michel Notre Dame Metro/RER station from the Sorbonne in about 6 minutes. The RER B train goes directly to the CDG airport and the ticket cost is 10.30 euro. The total time is about 46 minutes.

Posted by
1817 posts

thanks Edward, but a woman alone at 6 am on a train is not a good option. Money is not the issue for me. Safety is number one.

Posted by
3992 posts

As a woman who travels alone both domestically and internationally, I'd take the RER B at 6am to get to CDG over being alone in a taxi ANY DAY. I feel MUCH safer on a commuter rail than alone with a taxi driver because I AM safer on a train with other passengers than alone in a taxi with the driver.

Posted by
3207 posts

From the Sorbonne, I'd vote for the RER as well. I've never felt nervous on public transportation during the morning commute in any city. It might actually be faster and more reliable than a taxi during morning rush hours. That being said, if you feel uncomfortable, take the way that you feel safe. As women traveling alone, we all have different situations in which we don't feel comfortable. However, after a few days in Paris you might change your mind...or not, and that's OK. I'm usually not comfortable on subways after 10:00 PM, and that's not terribly logical, but it is how I feel, and we're best to follow our gut whether it is logical or not. IMO.

When I need a taxi, I ask my hotel to arrange it.

Posted by
1817 posts

Thanks for the words of encouragement about the RER. I live in an urban area of a city. I understand what you are saying. I am traveling on a Sunday morning when there won't be a lot of commuters. I'd actually be more tempted to ride the RER if it were a rush hour situation. I have been to Paris before and I actually do usually feel safe there. However, there is the hassle factor, too. I travel light, but I'll still have my rolling carry on and a tote. I have arthritis and I don't want to have to schlepp luggage on any stairs. I just want a car & driver to pick me up and take me to CDG.

Posted by
3207 posts

OH, Sunday morning! Sorry, I missed that. By all means take a taxi as you should buzz right in at that hour and day. Plus, you are right, Sunday morning is unlikely to have many people on the RER line, so you would feel less secure, as might I. There's a lot to be said for convenience, so just have your hotel order a taxi up for you.

Posted by
3992 posts

I understand about the schlep factor. I have a disability with my back called Spondylolisthesis so stairwells with my carry-on are a no go.

I was on the RER B on a Sunday morning last November between 5-5:15 AM. I boarded at Luxembourg Gardens. There were many people on the platform and train. I got off at Gare Du Nord. There were plenty of people in my car going to CDG. If you were to take the train directly to CDG, you would not have to deal with any steps or stairwells as I took the RER B from CDG to Luxembourg Gardens. I never had to deal with them.

Posted by
1817 posts

@Continental, thanks so much. This is really helpful information. I do prefer public transportation, especially in Europe. I'll give it another think as I have plenty of time.