Please sign in to post.

Paris to Amsterdam

I will be going to Paris for 3 nights and Amsterdam for 3 nights... How should i get from Paris to Amsterdam on a budget? :)

Posted by
8700 posts

If you book well in advance, you can get a discount fare as low as 25 EUR on a Eurolines bus. However, the trip takes 8 hours. See www.eurolines.com. High-speed Thalys trains make the trip in 3hr20min. While the standard 2nd class fare is 123 EUR, booking well in advance (up to 90 days allowed) can get you a Smoove fare as low as 35 EUR. The discount fare tickets sell out fast so book ASAP at www.thalys.com and print your own ticket. No budget airlines fly Paris-Amsterdam.

Posted by
1157 posts

I took the Thalys train myself when I went from Paris to Amsterdam. I did this in 07 so I don't really remember the details but I booked everything online before I left home. One thing I didn't do on the train is bring a cable lock to tie my suitcase down since you leave it on a luggage rack that's not within view of where you sit. I guess I was lucky, my suitcase wasn't touched but I would do it as a precaution next time.