Please sign in to post.

Open Jaw

How do you buy these without paying twice the price of a round trip ticket? We are interested in flying into Marseilles and out of Bordeaux. It doesn't seem worth the extra expense, but maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks

Posted by
591 posts

It's not twice the price of a r/t ticket; sometimes it's even less. Aer Lingus shows a good price BOS-MRS/BOD ... check their website.

Posted by
5513 posts

You need to select the "multi-city" option when you search for flights (not two one-way tickets).

Posted by
320 posts

Air france has a multi itinerary option on search for flights. I come up with $989 in March for into Marseilles and out of Bordeaux. Its $1172 for the same dates flying into and out of Marseilles.

Posted by
540 posts

If you call the airline directly, and mention "open jaw" they will know exactly what you are talking about. Or you could use the multi-city function. However, I have found that using smaller cities like Marseilles and Bordeaux is not as easy as using the bigger ones like Paris and Rome. Either way, it beats having to double back to the starting point.

Posted by
60 posts

I am so glad you asked this question because everyone kept asking why we weren't doing on open jaw flight. My answer was price, it was doubled. I would have never thought to look at multi-city travel! I just did and we can fly into Krakow, Poland now avoiding the night train from Prague or Vienna and not have to back track to Vienna or Prague (Our original R/T destination). Now we can either leave from Germany or Amsterdam! The best part, we are not only saving money on our flight and a night train into Poland but we are also saving time! :)

Posted by
179 posts

Love it! No dumb questions!! Thanks to all of you for your help.

Posted by
518 posts

I taught high school science for 40 years. I always told my students that every time they asked a question, it was a question many had but wouldn't ask. As a result, most in the class were helped.