Please sign in to post.

Normandy from Paris

We are going to Paris for New Year's Eve. Is there a short tour that would go to Normandy from Paris? I'd love to see Mont St. Michel but I can't figure out how to do both Caen and St. Michel.

Posted by
8293 posts

Cityrama offers day tours to Normandy from Paris.

Posted by
32171 posts

Leah, You could also check Paris City Vision Tours as they offer excursions to Normandy. However be sure to check, as I suspect the frequency will be greatly reduced at that time of year. Happy travels!

Posted by
144 posts

my suggestion is wake up early, take the train to bayeux, walk to the meeting place, (5 mins) and take this tour http://lignerolles.homestead.com/ great time and affordable. host is fun, energetic and knows his stuff. sure it is a quick day tour but you certainly get your money's worth and see the major sites. anything else requires more time but you can always come back to france for that.

Posted by
7209 posts

Conor is exactly right. Take the short train ride from Paris to Bayeaux and enjoy the countryside while you're there. Spend a couple of nights there, too. It's a beautiful little town.

Posted by
4132 posts

Just note that the "short train ride" is at least 2 hours each way.

Posted by
7209 posts

2 hour each way - hence the reason to stay a couple of nights in Bayeux. Maybe I've had longer train journey's than you, but I definitely wouldn't call a 2 hour journey "a long train ride". Long is classified as Venice to Mürren - now there's a "long" train ride.

Posted by
144 posts

the rain ride goes by fast, and its a long day but better than going someplace and standing in line for tickets and to get in for two hours like some people do. Since Leah has a very short amount of time and multiple days may not work. One day won't be enough to do Caen and Mont St. Michel, so its all about choices and sacrifices.

Posted by
17 posts

Thank you so much, everyone. This website is amazing and so helpful.