Please sign in to post.

Night Train EN 314 - Bologna Centrale to Spiez

Has anyone take EuroNight (EN 315) - Sleeper and Couchette train from Bologna Centrale to Spiez? I am looking at this for next spring. Were the Sleep/Couchette's nice? Clean? How was the service? I have traveled on several night trains good and bad. What are peoples experience on EN 315

Posted by
32303 posts

Matt,

Just curious on why you'd want to take a night train on that particular route? For the shortest travel time, the train departing Bologna Centrale at 09:24 and arriving Spiez at 13:53 seems like a better choice (time 4H:29M, 1 change in Milano, reservations compulsory).

Cheers!

Posted by
8 posts

Ken,

my actual itinerary is La Spezia Centrale to Interlaken Ost. There are many options associated including day itinerary of about ~7 hours. This is a little long and I would rather by sight seeing. All night options include the EN 314. This is why I'm asking about the specific train.

My wife and I have take 2 night trains. Both experience where fun and different. I have read several post about lack of service and cleanliness on some night trains. This has been my experience with some of the Italian trains. I'm interested to know what others experience are specify EN 314. If people offer bad reviews I might opt for the day train option.

Thanks

Matt

Posted by
32303 posts

Matt,

Thanks for the clarification. With the cities you listed, the shortest travel time I could find was 6H:38M with 3 changes.

I can't offer any comments on EN314 as I tend to avoid night trains. However, one thing I noted is that particular train appears to change at 05:44 in Spiez. That's another reason I avoid night trains!

Hopefully someone here will have some information for you.

Cheers!

Posted by
32303 posts

Matt,

Thanks for the clarification. With the cities you listed, the shortest travel time I could find was 6H:38M with 3 changes.

I can't offer any comments on EN314 as I tend to avoid night trains. However, one thing I noted is that particular train appears to change at 05:44 in Spiez. That's another reason I avoid night trains!

Hopefully someone here will have some information for you.

Cheers!