Please sign in to post.

Nice to Venice

Hi. Trying ot get from Nice to Venice on July 23rd. Hoping to fly, but the only direct flight I can find is at 6am. Willing to do one stop over, but want the trip to be as short/efficient as possible (and not spend $600 for a one way flight).

Posted by
32202 posts

Ruth-Anne, For the trip from Nice Ville to Ventimiglia, you could also just buy your ticket when you arrive in Nice (since you'll likely be at the station anyway). There's really no advantage to pre-buying that section (AFAIK). One nice thing about the route that Tim suggested, is that it's a VERY short layover at Milano Centrale (15 minutes). Cheers!

Posted by
16249 posts

EasyJet will fly you direct for $50.80 on Monday, July 22 or $57 on Friday, July 26, but they do not have flights on Tuesdays. Can you change your dates?

Posted by
5 posts

Unfortunately no. Trying to find a train trip that is under 10 hours, not having much luck there either. Thank you for responding!

Posted by
16249 posts

did you see where Sam said there is a train trip of 7 3/4 hours? You could ask him for the details.

Posted by
8700 posts

Your fastest train route is Nice Ville-Ventimiglia-Milano Centrale-Venezia Santa Lucia. Leave Nice at 07:55 and arrive in Venice at 15:40. See the detailed timetables for the whole route on the German Rail site. There will be a timetable update on 9 June so enter a date no later than 8 June. Nice Ville-Ventimiglia: The 2nd class fare is €7.30. It's a regional train so there is no discount fare. Ventimiglia-Milano Centrale: Book ASAP (up to 120 days in advance) on trenitalia.com to get a Super Economy fare of €9.00. Milano Centrale-Venezia Santa Lucia: Book the same as above to get a Super Economy fare of €9.00. You don't have to register on the Trenitalia site, but things go more smoothly if you do.

Posted by
5 posts

So book Nice-Ventimiglia on the German site and then book Ventimiglia-Milan and Milan-Venice on the Italian site? Thank you so much for your help. I've spent the past 3 hours trying to figure out these rail websites. I don't need to buy a pass just point to point.

Posted by
8700 posts

You cannot book tickets on the German Rail site for routes entirely outside of Germany. Buy your ticket for Nice-Ventimiglia at the station in Nice.