Please sign in to post.

Need help with travel from CDG Airport to Hotel Novotel Paris 257 rue de Vaugirard

Hi!

I am travelling to Paris for the first time on 5th Oct 2016 with my wife. I have booked hotel Novotel Paris 257 rue de Vaugirard. I don't have any clue as to how to reach from Airport to the hotel. Don't want to do private shuttle as it is quite expensive. Can you suggest a better and easy way to reach Hotel from Airport without spending too much Euros??

Thanks

Posted by
4684 posts

I think the best way would be to take the "Bus Direct" (formerly known as the Air France Bus) route 4 to Montparnasse, followed by taxi or Metro Line 12 to the hotel (Metro station Vaugirard).

Posted by
178 posts

We used the bus service mentioned in the other post on 2 occasions. It's perfect for that location.

Posted by
4085 posts

Several on-line tools can help you plan your route. If you learn to use them now, they will be helpful once you are settled into the hotel.
http://www.GoogleMaps.com will set out mass transit options as well as maps for ground transportation. It suggests the RER B (regional commuter train, partly underground in the centre of the city) from Terminal 2 to the Denfert Rochereau station. Transfer to the Metro (subway) line M6 to station Pasteur. It says it's a 10-minute walk from there to your hotel. I like to print out maps to follow along on the trip.
The RATP covers all mass transit in the region. http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/c_21879/visiting-paris/ includes an interactive planning tool for anywhere you want to go. It may show alternative routes on bus etc. as well as the trains/Metro.
If you want to travel by RER B, you can buy a ticket that allows you to transfer to M6 without extra charge. Do not discard this ticket until you are outside the final station.

Posted by
7053 posts

Start with your hotel's own website. Almost 100% of the time, every hotel has directions (plus a map) posted on its website, especially a business hotel like this one. Or you could e-mail them and ask the best way. Or you could Google the hotel and see what station it's close to on a map and then consult a subway map to locate it. Using public transportation will cut down your costs, but just be sure you can handle your luggage walking up and down steps. Good luck.

"By train from the Montparnasse train station: take metro line 12 to the Vaugirard stop. By metro: Vaugirard stop, line 12, exit 3 Rue des Favorites."

Posted by
11294 posts

You don't need a "private shuttle." You can take a taxi from the taxi line at the airport (don't get into any other car, and refuse all offers of cars from anyone but the driver in the official taxi line). There is now a fixed rate of €55 from the airport to the left Bank, where your hotel is.