Please sign in to post.

MUNICH TO AMSTERDAM

Hello people
Does anyone know the cheapest airline connecting Munich to Amsterdam? Or the cheapest site to get the tickets from?

Posted by
20 posts

Most likely I leave Munich on the 20th of Sept and return on Sept 29th.

Posted by
2779 posts

It depends on when you want to travel. Check lufthansa.com as they offer €99 roundtrips all thru the summer and I'm sure KLM.com respond to this in the same way.

Posted by
20 posts

I'll be travelling in september, I checked both sites for that time I did not get anything closs to 99 euro!

Posted by
2779 posts

check for a roundtrip, make sure there are at least 5-7 days between the two flights. I assume you're looking for a one-way only? book a round trip and just forget about that return flight...

Posted by
20 posts

No I actually am looking for a round trip with 7-8 days in between! I'll try again lets see what i find

Posted by
2779 posts

Fara, what are your exact travel dates? Maybe it makes a difference in price if you book from within Germany than from without?

Posted by
2779 posts

I found plenty of €99 roundtrips from the 22nd to the 28th or 1st of Oct. Would those dates be good, too? Alternatively you could take the train but you'd lose pretty much an entire day per ride.

Posted by
19092 posts

CNL (www.citynightline.ch) has great train service between Munich and Amsterdam. You might get a SparNight fare for less than €99. Regardless, you will be saving the cost of a hotel, the flight, and getting to and from the airports. Most flights, by the time you get to the airport, spend two hours checking in, going through security, and waiting, then flight time, getting off, finding ground trans, and getting into town, will take 5 or 6 hours. With a night train, most of the time used is time you would have spent in your hotel room.

Posted by
20 posts

thank you Lee, I have checked the prices and I could not find that fare for departure and return time. How about renting a car? is it doable to just rent a car and visit Amaterdam, belgium and north of France?