Please sign in to post.

Milan to Venice

Hello-

I will be flying into Milan and going straight to Venice from there. Will I be able to get a train directly from the airport or will i have to take the metro to the train station (if so, what's the easiest way to do this?)... Also, should I book my train ticket in advance?

Thanks!

Posted by
23297 posts

You will need to take the shuttle bus, about an hour, to the Centrale train station. That is the main station in Milan -- there is another on the west side but cannot remember the name. From there you can get the next train to Venice. The shuttle drops you on the SE corner of the station for walk to the west and the front. It is big station. No need to buy ticket in advance.

Posted by
6898 posts

I agree with Frank. I would only add that there are lots of trains each day going from Milan to Venice. You won't be late for any train; you'll just be early for the next one.

Posted by
91 posts

great! thanks so much!

all of these little last minute things are starting to add up...

Posted by
1 posts

Let me ask, we are traveling from Paris to Venice via Milan. We have a 15 minute layover... and a late afternoon train - think we'll make it?

I was wondering what does the platform layout look like at Milan - are there any maps around?

Posted by
6898 posts

Steve, you don't have a layover, you have a sprint. If your train from Paris is on time, you should be OK. If it's late, you could have a problem making your connection. If you have a confirmed ticket with seat reservations, and you miss that train, AND, it's not a discounted ticket, you have 3 hours after missing your train to re-book the ticket. If it's a discounted ticket, you might want to check to see if it's changeable or not.

I really do hope that you easily make your connecting train. I'm just trying to explain some Plan B options should your Paris train be too late.