Please sign in to post.

milan to venice

After arriving at MXP, how do we train to Venice? AND we hope to have tickets to the Last Supper and see the Duomo before we head to Venice that same day of arrival. We need to leave luggage somewhere, also. Hope you can help. Paula

Posted by
5519 posts

Since you are travelling on to Venice, you may find it easier to take the bus from MXP to Milan Central Station and leave your luggage there. Milan Central has a left luggage counter in the station. This way you can drop of your luggage when you arrive and pick it up when you depart for Venice. From the central station, you can take the subway to the Duomo.

Posted by
32212 posts

Paula,

That's going to be a lot to see on the day of arrival (when jet lagged) and still have to travel to Venice.

The others have provided workable suggestions, but it's not something I'd try. Have you considered stoppping for one night in Milan?

Happy travels!

Posted by
2091 posts

Buon giorno Paula! Last May we arrived at MXP at about 11:30, dropped our backpacks at Hotel London Milano, had lunch, visited the Duomo and the Last Supper. I made the reservation for the Last Supper by calling the first day that it was available....There were only 2 slots left for that day! The next morning we took a mid-morning train to Varenna.
I highly recommend staying the night for a more relaxing start to your trip....especially with trying to coordinate "Italian reservations"!